How it will work:
The lecturer shall identify the stakeholders to provide projects to groups of students. The stakeholder should relate to the field of study of the students. The project providers will prepare the project outline for students which shall include:
- Context of the Assignment
- Aims of the assignment
- Content of the assignment
- Purpose. What is desired of the group and the use that will be made of the findings by the provider
- Some indicative sources for background reading in relation to the subject area.
- Assignment Providers' Contact Details
The project lasts for 4/5 weeks. During the first week the students should familiarise themselves with the research topic and hand in a plan of action. During the later weeks, students take on a limited number of regular courses in order to concentrate on the project. The lecturer acts as the internal supervisor for each group and they also work with the project provider. Skype and emails and regular meetings when possible to discuss the project progress.
At the end of the project the students hand in a research report or policy document. The research findings are presented by the students before an expert jury, which consists of two external members (preferably the two designated assignment providers) and a member of the teaching staff. The final presentation takes one hour per group.