In order to raise awareness of emerging issues on sustainability and involve non traditional forms of education, to contribute to the process of transforming education practices and increase capabilities of students to solve the problems, RCE middle Albania organize a Series of Lectures on Sustainability. Faculties of Social Sciences, students of Public Administration I and II year, Faculty of Law, students of Human Rights I and II year, Faculty of Philology, class of Students of Journalism III year, Faculty of Economy, Students of Tourism Marketing, Computer Engineering Technology, and Businesses, economy and more, are selected each year for these series of lectures.
With the purpose of creating a scientific and advance program for the series of lectures on sustainability, to be used in Faculties of Universities that do not have it as part of their curriculum, making use of the advanced teaching materials made available.
This course module is conceived of three course units of 40 minutes long each. The time used by students for the exercises can take from daily findings to weekly papers, and extended up to a semester-long project course. Up to two classes of 30 students each can be gathered during these series of lectures.
The format of the Teaching resource
1. Introducing basic concepts of sustainability,
2. Discussing Sustainable regional challenges, with examples from the region of middle Albania,
3. Including students in practical exercises for potential solutions. By focusing on a particular subject or particular ongoing project that can be different in each class. Forms as surveys, field trips are used to test the knowledge of students and to analyses their proposed solutions.
- Concept of urban farming ( conducting a survey with questions about the relevance of the concept for the region, individual involvement in the process and required knowledge for its implementation, and the awareness of community for this issue )
- Identification of culinary values and ethnographic values of the region as part of tourism marketing practices
- Preparation of a database of tourism assets, using the students of information technology and marketing of tourism for the project with the regional council
- Preparation of an eco-route Tirane-Durres-Elbasan involving students working groups and other stakeholders